Monday, January 18, 2010

A Long Overdue Update

Wow! Where has the time gone? I completely apologize for my lack of updates. The last few months have been hectic to say the least. Probably the biggest change for me is being a working mother of two, trying to finish up the last couple of classes for my master's degree, all while learning the ropes of a new job. I am exhausted to say the least!

Bobby and Brogan are growing up too quickly. Brogan is already 5 months old and Bobby will be 3 in just two short months. Brogan is a happy and easy-going baby. He is so sweet and smiles for anyone and everyone. Over Christmas break he began rolling over, and my mom and I witnessed the first roll! Now he just rolls all over the floor! Unfortunately, he too seems to facing similar challenges with ear infections and has already had 2. He doesn't show any symptoms which makes it hard for me to detect!

Bobby has turned into quite the little boy. He has grown so much in his speech that sometimes we wonder where he comes up with the things he says! He absolutely loves learning and knows his colors, numbers, and letters. His godmommy got him a text and learn leapfrog for Christmas, so now he seems to be tackling lowercase letters and sounds. Believe me when I say it is all him! Bobby continues to love being on the go. Each day during Christmas break, Bobby woke up every day going through a list of places to go-Doris' (babysitter), Payton's, shopping, and church. What a character. Health wise, Bobby had a nasty cold in December, but was able to fight through it without any interventions. He just visited the GI doctor and weighs over 30lbs. The doctor was thrilled. He will have a cardiology visit in March/April in which we will begin prepping for surgery in the summer. To be honest, I am still trying to find a place of peace and complete trust in GOD about the upcoming events. Much prayer and reflection is needed!

We had a wonderful Christmas! We celebrated with Grammy before Christmas and Bobby seemed to enjoy opening presents. Once my family arrived, Bobby really seemed to catch onto the idea. He kept asking for presents and we had to hide many of them just to keep Bobby calm! We were so fortunate to be able to celebrate with my parents, grandma, brother, and sister-in-law. My dad continues to struggle with dementia and my grandma is coping with the loss of her husband a little over a year ago. Each Christmas is a blessing, all things considered.

I guess that is all from the Weeks' household for now. Again, I apologize for the lack of updates. I will work on being better about this!

Heart Hugs!
Rachael

No comments:

Post a Comment