Monday, April 5, 2010

Quick Update

Bobby had a good day yesterday despite a low-grade fever. When I went to change the dressing on his old chest tube site, this green mucas plug looking thing pulled off with the gauze. His heartrate was also elevated from the fever, leading them to believe that the site is still infected. There was a miscommunication in terms of starting antibiotics, but when Bobby spiked a higher fever, an antibiotic was immediately started. We seem to be in a holding pattern with the drainage. The total count yesterday was 160cc. Even though it is frustrating, at least we are staying the same and not getting worse.

I hope everyone had a wonderful Easter! Such an amazing day that we can celebrate a new beginning because Jesus sacrificed his life for us. Seeing how much Bobby has been through during the last couple of days has really put this all into perspective for me. I can't imagine how Mary felt watching her son suffer so and eventually give his life. What Bobby has been through isn't even close to what Jesus went through leading up to and during his crucifiction, so if Mary could be so strong, than I can be too. She is my inspiration!

We are forever grateful for your thoughts and prayers for Bobby and our family!

Rachael

1 comment:

  1. I am glad he had a nice Easter...even with a fever. You all are in my thoughts and prayers.

    ReplyDelete